Candidate for Vice President of Records
Demetria Ali is dynamic, high-energy professional who leads companies through change and challenge to profitable growth. Strategic problem-solver who envisions smart solutions and executes with urgency across all levels of the organization. Hands-on leader with extensive technical training experience who is able to keep focused and productive. Outstanding strategist that is able to deliver vision and an innate talent for identifying prime opportunities with keen ability to build start-up operations, develop profitable marketing strategies and sustain competitiveness in highly competitive business markets. She has been passionate about servant leadership since she migrated to Atlanta. As a leader in the community for National Black MBA Association (Director of Membership), American Cancer Society (Executive Leadership Council), Junior League of Atlanta (Fundamentals Committee), United Way AAP, Cabinet Member, and National Coalition of 100 Black Women, NWGA she has volunteered countless hours in recruitment for new professional members to all organizations. She was honored in the 2016 Who’s Who in Black Atlanta 16th Edition and received the Leaders of Excellence Award from E3 Magazine. Demetria received a Bachelor of Applied Science from Mercer University and Wesleyan College awarded her an Executive Master of Business Administration. A native of Macon, GA, she is the proud mother of a son and daughter, Tahir and Zakkiyah.
Please complete the following questions. Please limit your responses to each question to two (2) paragraphs in length.
- Briefly describe your background. Please include the following:
- EMBA, Wesleyan College
- BAS, Organization Leadership, Mercer University
- Profession (Including brief synopsis of roles and responsibilities)
- SR Business Consultant, Concentrix 09/14 – Present -Partner with both the client and the technical team to develop high quality deliverables across all phases of a project, from identifying and defining process flows and use cases, through to end user acceptance testing. Leverage healthcare industry experience to consult and influence the client’s direction, in pursuit of best practices.
- Client Services Team Lead, ADP 02/13-09/14- Provided a strong foundation for the service excellence by building deep domain expertise in health & welfare administration. Proactively navigated new legislation requirements & impact on administrative practices. Developed a community of best practices and continual process improvement and service standards.
- Benefits Manager, Core Management Resources Group 06/00-02/13– Leveraging extensive knowledge of healthcare, information technology and business process improvements, serve the needs of customers while fully aligning with overall business strategies. Routinely formulate and define systems scope and objectives with minimal direction. Specialist in developing project specifications, analyzing business and user needs, documenting and translating information into proper system requirements specifications.
- Civic/Non-Profit affiliations (Including any previous or current board service/training
- American Cancer Society, Executive Leadership Council
- Junior League of Atlanta, Member
- NBMBAA, Director of Membership
- National Coalition of 100 Black Women, NWGA, Member
- United Way AAP, Cabinet Member
- Qualifications for the position desired
- Joined chapter in 2010 as a member
- Volunteered on the Membership committee for 2 years
- Served as Director of Membership for 4 years
- The Atlanta Chapter is very active within the business and civic communities in the Greater Atlanta Area. Describe how your addition to the Atlanta Chapter will increase our brand standing and visibility within the communities we serve.
During the last 4 years as Director of Membership, the chapter membership has almost doubled in numbers. While we have a great attrition rate during a conference year, I would like to implement membership forums/engagements to retain at least 50% of new/existing members.
I would like to continue my service to the NBMBAA BOD and our members as VP of Records. In this role, I will ensure that all records for Board meetings are accurate and distribute the minutes prior to the meeting for review. In addition, all legal documents, records, and minutes will be securely stored pertaining to the chapter. I will continue to service the membership committee, with the addition of legal affairs, and government affairs.
- Are there any scheduling conflicts that will not permit you to contributing to the chapter at your desired capacity? If so, please share (e.g. heavy work travel, multiple non- work related commitments, family restrictions, religious standing, etc.)
- Why the NBMBAA Atlanta Chapter Board of Directors? Please include your goals and desires for service.
Membership is a passion of my willingness to serve on the NBMBAA Atlanta Chapter Board of Directors due to the desire to connect with members in person. I enjoy the communication with members during chapter forums, orientation, emails, and at special events.
- What do you value?
I value helping others succeed in life.