Candidate for Vice President of Communications
Please complete the following questions. Please limit your responses to each question to two (2) paragraphs in length.
- Briefly describe your background. Please include the following:
- Profession (Including brief synopsis of roles and responsibilities)
- Civic/Non-Profit affiliations (Including any previous or current board service/training
- Qualifications for the position desired
I am a 35 year old Atlanta native.
By day I act as Global Digital Marketing Strategist and Service Stand-Up Lead for Accenture Digital responsible for helping Fortune 500 companies around the world understand the digital landscape and how they should leverage it for success. Within Accenture, my duties expand beyond the professional realm. I currently act as Co-Lead of the Working Moms Employee Resource Group as well as Lead for the Atlanta Digital Inclusion & Diversity ERG.
By night, I serve on the Board of the National Black MBA Association Atlanta Chapter as Director of Marketing & PR and am currently in my 4th term.
Passionate about empowering women, mentoring, diversity, and giving back, I spend a lot of time with local organizations volunteering and assisting with community events and fundraising whenever possible. I also serve on the Board of Directors for the National Black Rehabilitators Association.
I hold a Bachelor of Science in Network Engineering, Project Management Professional Certification, and MBA with a concentration in Marketing.
With over 14 years of experience in Marketing and Communications, combined with 4 years directly managing Marketing, PR, and Social for the Atlanta Chapter, I believe I am well qualified and would be honored to move to the next level to assume the role of VP of Communications.
- The Atlanta Chapter is very active within the business and civic communities in the Greater Atlanta Area. Describe how your addition to the Atlanta Chapter will increase our brand standing and visibility within the communities we serve.
Currently an active member of the Atlanta Board as well as through my involvement with several other civic and community organizations in and around Atlanta and beyond, I look forward to bringing my current connections as well as growing new ones within the VP of Communications role.
Connections follow the individual and I currently share, educate, and market the mission, purpose, events, and needs of the organizations I am aligned to; the same would continue to be true for the NBMBAA Atlanta Chapter. I would continue to champion this prestigious organization among my peers and colleagues and seek to build meaningful relationships.
- Are there any scheduling conflicts that will not permit you to contributing to the chapter at your desired capacity? If so, please share (e.g. heavy work travel, multiple non- work related commitments, family restrictions, religious standing, etc.)
No. Moderate work travel requires me to be away throughout the year but has not affected my ability to execute over the past 4 years.
- Why the NBMBAA Atlanta Chapter Board of Directors? Please include your goals and desires for service.
This organization has been part of my life for the past 4 years. The time and dedication spent to marketing our events and missions, growing our brand presence, and connecting with our members, donors, and sponsors has been nothing short of a labor of love. I believe in the purpose of this organization and it brings me great pleasure to see the fruits of our labor through each forum, community service engagement, networking event, corporate partnership, career outreach or entrepreneurial offerings.
My desire is to continue to bring my marketing expertise to this organization and put those skills and techniques to use to continue growing our brand and chapter.
- What do you value?
I value the opportunity to build a legacy through serving others.